The West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce and other business groups are busy, with a host of good events in December and January.
Here's a look at what's coming up.
- On Dec. 13, the West County Chamber will host a business mixer at the Greene Turtle at Arundel Mills. It will go from 5-7 p.m. and is open to members and non-members.
- Also on Dec. 13, the chamber will host meetings of the Business Development Committee (8 a.m.), Marketing Committee (10 a.m.) and Education Committee (4:30 p.m.).
- The chamber's board of directors will meet on Dec. 15 at 9 a.m.
- The chamber's holiday open house is Dec. 20 from 3-6 p.m. There will be cookies and other food.
- There will be no "Tuesday Topics" breakfast in December due to the holiday, but it will return in January. Bank of Glen Burnie President Mike Livingston, who is also chairman of the board of Anne Arundel Economic Development Corp., will talk about the trends for West County. (Read our coverage of (his past visit in April.) The breakfast will be on Jan. 24 at 8 a.m. at Kaufmann's Tavern. Cost is $20 for members, $30 for non-members.
- The Odenton/Fort Meade Chapter of Business Networking International had to reschedule its fundraiser for Hard Hats for Heroes, but expects it will hold the event in early 2012. Stay tuned for more info on a date.