VIDEO: BGE Works to Restore Power
An overhead mechanic talks about the restoration effort while in the Annapolis area, and a customer shares her story.
A utility worker compared Friday's derecho storm to "Irene's baby brother" in a YouTube video produced by Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE).
Nick Thiess, an overhead mechanic, talked about the significance of the storm while he was on Spa Road in Annapolis fixing a broken pole that fell on a customer's shed.
"Safety is our number one priority," Thiess said. "I know it can be frustrating for our customers but we really are trying our best to get them back as quick as we can ... we don't want any customers to feel that they're left out."
A customer also speaks on the video and thanks the BGE crews for their efforts.
If you are experiencing a power outage or have seen a downed wire, call BGE at 877-778-2222.
- Where to Find Dry Ice
- County Keeps Cooling Centers Open, Lifts Water Restrictions
- Generator Nearly Kills Homeowner
- UPDATE: Who Has Power in Annapolis
- UPDATE: BGE Making Progress in Restoring Power
- UPDATE: Storm Leaves Power Outages, Fallen Trees in County
- O'Malley Issues State of Emergency Order
- O'Malley: State Assessing Severe Storm Damage