Here's an update on local schools and their performance in the past few days, as well as a look ahead to upcoming playoff matchups.
- Old Mill stayed undefeated with a 10-7 win over Chesapeake, won by a field goal by Brady Hannon with 11 seconds left.
- Broadneck made a statement with a 38-17 win over Arundel.
- Meade High kept its title hopes alive with a 42-0 win over North County.
- There are two games left in the regular season and updated point standings will be released later this week. The top four teams in the East region will make the regional playoffs. Old Mill, Meade, Broadneck and Arundel all remain in the hunt, but North Point and Leonardtown could steal spots from Anne Arundel County teams.
- Arundel was eliminated from the playoffs after a 4-1 loss to Chesapeake
- Meade High advanced to the second round with a 2-1 win over Old Mill. The Mustangs will next host Chesapeake Tuesday.
- South River won 3-1 on the road at Great Mills, and will travel to Broadneck Tuesday for a second-round game.
- Arundel is a No. 1 seed in the Class 4A East region and earned a first-round bye. The team will host Glen Burnie Tuesday.
- South River, seeded second, also had a first-round bye and will host North Point on Tuesday.
- Old Mill beat Chesapeake 2-1 to advance to the second round. The Patriots will play their second round game at Severna Park Tuesday. Severna Park was a 2-1 winner over Meade.
- Arundel topped Meade High 7-0 last week and will play Severna Park on Monday, seeking a berth into the Class 4A East regional final
- South River beat North Point 12-0 and will host Broadneck Monday, also with a berth into the regional final on the line.
- Old Mill, the top seed in the Class 4A North bracket, will host Howard High on Monday in the regional semifinal.
- The semifinals of the Class 3A/4A golf tournament will take place Monday at the University of of Maryland.
- Qualifiers include Cosgrove Griffin, Billy Miles III, Ana Orlov, Garrett Sauls and Jonathan Sganga, all of South River High.
- Students from Broadneck, Annapolis and Severna Park High Schools will also participate.
- The state playoff draw will be announced Monday at 1 p.m. Arundel, Severna Park, Broadneck and South River will be among the reams receiving high seeds.